Giganews Newsgroups

Wednesday, January 19

Photo story: Chinatowm

When is the last time I carry my camera walking around in Chinatown?
I still remember vividly that I joined a group of photographers enthu like Hong Jia, John and some others for the light up ceremony.

Back then, I armed a Panasonic FZ20 which I bought at Max Photo. It is sure a nice gathering tho.

As years passes, I felt that the mood of Chinese New Year is getting a bit boring. Perhaps to due to copyrights issue of music.
Thanks goodness I hear some of it at Smith Street on Monday.

Not a lot of people can appreciate the music because of the traditional musical instrument used. They might find it more Chi Na.

For me, it seem like I getting to love it. Maybe as age catches up, and with my daughter, I would like to show her the mood of CNY.

There's some restriction set by law because of safety. But because of that, the kids cannot enjoy the pop pop that I used to played before. Of course, I never play the firecrackers before!

Perhaps, the sparkling light stick is more than enough! The beautiful sparkling color but create lots of smoke. So, adult must be careful when letting the kids to play.

I remembered that I used to play with my sister and we both create a lot of smoke along the corridor which choke our neighbours! Yea, they gave us a type of stare but of course, it is our fault initially. It is really fun doing that!

IMG_1981
A look down.

Tripod isn't used thus, everything is not as beautiful as I thought.

IMG_1982
Famous composition to look down at Pagoda Street.
IMG_1988
Stalls selling all sorta items below the shop houses.

IMG_1989

IMG_1990
Not a lot of people yet because this is week day night.

Just imagine the weekend crowds!

IMG_1991
Look at the stalls all over

IMG_1996
Look ahead of stalls.

IMG_1997
Nian Gao that they bought.

Meant for: Bu Bu Gao Sheng.

IMG_2005

IMG_2006
Rabbit balloons - costing $4

IMG_2008

IMG_2009
The famous uncle who wore the traditional costume playing with his favourite Er Hu.

IMG_2010
Cai Sheng Ye - God of Wealth

IMG_2011
Everyone walked past and seem to enjoyed too.

IMG_2016
Traffic isn't conjested now.

0 knocking by:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting... You may have your say =)

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Walgreens Printable Coupons